Friday 17 November 2017

Jordan's 3D Printer Design

On Monday we got the 3D Printers in Class and it was EPIC.Our 3D Printing mentor Fashid said that we were to make a Phone Case so I got straight to work. First I made a Rectangle and put it on the blank canvas on Tinkercad and then I started moulding into the iPhone Case I moulded the case using a fillet which is basically  making the corners round. To make the corners round you have to make a sqaure the put a hole that covers ¾ of the sqaure like this:and then group the two shapes together .

It was very hard to mould it because I needed exact measurements but eventually I moulded it into this:
So I Printed it out but it was just a bit too small so I adjusted some measurements and Printed it out again but the machine stopped working.

One of the hardest things about 3D Printing is getting the correct Measurements I had to adjust the measurements 5 times before I printed it out for the first time then I had to adjust the measurement after I printed out in the wrong size so I have changed the measurements 6 times.The reason getting the correct measurements is so hard is because you have to make it just bigger than the phone you are making the case for. Maybe next time I will make a Harry Potter themed phone case with the iconic Harry Potter glasses and the Lightning bolt scar.

1 comment:

  1. Nice story Jorden. I liked how you added in extra detail. Maybe add a fullstop after fot the first time.

    ReplyDelete